- Who We Are
- What We Do
- For Visitors
- Contact Us
The Choirs of St. George's
The Choir of St. George's sings at the 10:30 a.m. Eucharist every Sunday, except during the summer, and at other special services during the year, including Holy Week and occasional Evensongs.
Rehearsals are on Thursday evenings from 7:30 - 9 p.m., and Sunday mornings at 9:25 a.m. for the 10:30 a.m. Choral Eucharist.
New members are welcome to join the choir at any time during the year.
The St. George's Youth Choir program is comprised of two ensembles: the Angel Choir (K-2nd grade) and the St. George's Singers (3rd-12th grades) under the direction of John Ayer.
Both groups meet from 4-5 on Tuesday afternoons to prepare anthems to sing at the Family Service, which takes place in the sanctuary at 9:15 a.m. on the second Sunday of every month.
St. George's Youth Choir is open to all children regardless of whether or not they are members of the parish, and no previous musical experience is necessary.
The benefits of singing in a choir include:
- Sing the world’s greatest music from across the globe.
- Learn to play an important role in the leadership of the liturgy.
- Learn to read music.
- Make new friends and be a part of a team that works and plays hard.
- Internalize biblical and poetic texts that reinforce Christian faith.
- Practice and learn the ability to concentrate.
- Build a capacity for commitment and responsibility, qualities of mature adulthood.