- Who We Are
- What We Do
- For Visitors
- Contact Us
How to Get News
St. George's e-Newsletter, Dragon Tales
St. George's e-newsletter, Dragon Tales, is published electronically every two months.
You can subscribe electronically using the Subscribe to our e-newsletter field in the sidebar at right. A paper version is available for those who request it from the Parish Office.
Copies of Dragon Tales for the previous year are available in the online archive.
Everyone is invited to follow St. George's Facebook page.
St. George's maintains a parish news email listserv for news and announcements (not discussion), as well as smaller listservs for specific ministries and committees. Use the Listserv Subscription form to manage your subscriptions.
How to Publicize News
Regular News & Announcements
To submit an announcement or feature for publication on the website, in the Sunday bulletin or in Dragon Tales, please use the Send News form.
- Items are published on the website as soon as reasonably possible after submission.
- Items for the Sunday bulletin must be submitted by noon Wednesday.
- Items for Dragon Tales must be submitted by the announced deadline, usually on or close to the 20th of the month before the next issue. Email reminders are sent out before the deadline.
Announcements may also be publicized in local newspapers and news websites, where appropriate.
Please note that the Communications Committee reserves the right to edit submissions for length or clarity.
Publicizing Major Events
The Communications Committee would like to help generate advance publicity for your St. George's event. In order for us to best help you, you need to contact the Communications Committee well in advance of the event -- ideally, when you begin planning it. That way we can offer ideas on how to tie in with other events, consult on templates and colors to use for fliers, and provide a timeline for what needs to happen before publicity goes out. We can assist you with writing press releases and contacting local media, and also provide access to a large library of photos and graphics to help illustrate your publicity materials. We also may think of some publicity ideas that had not occurred to you.
To request our assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
The committee members and their areas of oversight are:
- Aleeda Crawley: movie nights, newcomers, hospitality/coffee hour, social justice
- Bruce Lyons: Sunday school, hospitality/special events
- Lindsay McHugh: choirs & music, outreach, stewardship, capital campaign
- Terin Miller
- Nina Nicholson: religious services, ministry schedules, healing ministry (plus maintaining website, email and listserv infrastructure)
- Kirk Petersen: Vestry news, feature articles
In addition, these members of parish staff work with the Communications Committee:
- Olivia Pope, Youth Minister: youth news and events